Why Vashon Community Care (VCC)?
- Work/Life Balance: We have multiple shifts and flexible schedules
- Competitive pay
- Excellent benefits: We have the benefits you’re looking for as well as other unique perks for full-time, part-time and on-call team members
- Transportation benefits: Ride the ferry on us!
- A culture of FUN and commitment to the care of our residents, our communities and each other
- Your opinion matters: We share ideas, we listen and work together to make great things happen
What does our Dietary Aide do?
- Assists with the serving of food to residents at assigned meal periods, including passing trays in the skilled dining room.
- Assist with clean up of food and dishes after meal times as assigned by task descriptions.
- Maintains overall cleanliness and sanitation of work areas. Includes cleaning and sanitation of dirty dish carts, trash cans, utility carts, cleaning of floor drains, polishing of kitchen stainless steel: walls, service areas, behind production equipment.
- Monitors food quantities and works with production staff to minimize food waste.
- Conduct timely delivery and return of food to dining areas, caterings, etc.
- Participates in infection control processes, such as dating and covering of food, quick chill, taking and recording temperature in logs, reporting discrepancies to ensure the overall quality and safety of food.
- Arrange food on steam table and assures quality and availability of items needed for all residents.
- Maintains par stocks, orders supplies and rotates product for maximum quality.
What we're looking for from you:
- Education: High School Graduate or GED preferred
- Experience: Experience in food service preferred, experience working with an aging population preferred.
- Excellent Attitude:An upbeat, fun, outgoing personality and can-do attitude
- Team-work: Work well with team members
- Customer Service:Be passionate about providing exceptional service to residents, team members and visitors to our community
At VCC, we care deeply about our mission and commitment to providing exceptional care to our residents. That is why we are a drug and alcohol-free employer. Criminal background and drug test will be required upon a contingent offer of employment.
We are excited to hear from you! Come join us and help us fulfill our vision to Transform the Perception of Age.