- Work/Life Balance
- Competitive pay
- Excellent benefits
- A culture of FUN and commitment to the care of our residents, our communities and each other
- Your opinion matters: We share ideas, we listen and work together to make great things happen
What does our Fitness Specialist do?
- Assesses and evaluates senior residents’ needs for exercise and fitness. Works with residents individually and in groups. Plans individual fitness programs for participating residents;
- Supervises or presents exercise programs that may include exercises in the pool;
- Assists team members with orientation to Fitness Center, procedures, and policies;
- Produces promotional materials, newsletters, flyers, etc. as required;
- Inspects, cleans and maintains equipment;
- Maintains records of residents’ progress;
- Assist with collecting data and reports for fitness activities as required
- Provides in-service trainings as required;
- Works in collaboration with other professionals to provide appropriate assistance to residents;
- Performs administrative functions for the department;
- Full-time, 32-40 hours per week
- 7:30a – 4p, some variability
What we're looking for from you:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in exercise-related discipline preferred
- License: National Fitness Certification required (ACSM preferred)
- Experience: Minimum 2 years comparable experience. Previous experience in a senior living community or hospitality setting a plus.
- Excellent Attitude: An upbeat, fun, outgoing personality and can-do attitude
- Strong Communicator: Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team-work: Possess superb interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with team members and residents
- Customer Service: Be passionate about providing exceptional service to residents, team members and visitors to our community
At Skyline, we care deeply about our mission and commitment to providing exceptional care to our residents. That is why we are a drug and alcohol-free employer. Criminal background and drug test will be required upon a contingent offer of employment.
We are excited to hear from you! Come join us and help us fulfill our vision to Transform the Perception of Age.