Under the supervision of the Director of Nursing Services, the nurse oversees the delivery of medication and nursing services for the residents, ensuring that staffing, supplies, and services are provided at the highest level and meet all requirements.
Here are some of the nurse responsibilities:
- Reviews routines, calendar of events, and resident needs, delegates and assigns staff to work accordingly
- Reviews staff schedule and makes arrangements to cover for any absent staff
- Coordinates arrangements for resident appointments, treatments, or procedures, including transportation
- Makes daily rounds to observe and evaluate physical and emotional status of residents.
- Coordinates admission and discharge of residents
- Supervises and observes staff in the performance and their duties; provides them with feedback and any needed guidance
- Assists in training new staff
- Reviews medication profiles for completeness of information, accuracy in physician order transcription, and adheres to stop condition changes
- Ensures that medications and supplies are ordered, in stock and counted at shift change
- Keeps the Director of Nursing informed of residents’ status and related matters
- Assures that all charting and record keeping is completed
- Follows up on dietary requirements and recommendations
- Communicates with physicians as required
- Participates in investigating, documenting, and resolving complaints by residents and family members.
- Performs administrative duties such as telephone work, faxes, filing, records management, scheduling, charting, and paperwork
- Attends meetings, in-services, and participates in fire and disaster drills
Education and/or Equivalent Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Graduate of an accredited RN program
- Must be a Registered Nurse in the state of application; experience in geriatrics preferred
- Must be able to provide leadership and supervision over other staff
- Must have knowledge of DSHS Regulations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work with staff and external constituents
We are a drug and alcohol-free employer. Criminal background and drug test will be required upon contingent offer of employment.
Come join us and help us fulfill our vision to Transform the Perception of Age!