Located on beautiful Vashon Island in the heart of the Puget Sound, Vashon Community Care (VCC) has been providing quality, meaningful care to seniors since 1928. The VCC team is excited to share we are looking for a caring, compassionate Director of Activities to join our team!
$500.00 sign on bonus for successful applicants.
Vashon Community Care, a Transforming Age community, is part of a network of services, products and partnerships dedicated to transforming the perception of age and enhancing the lives of older adults. We are a team of dedicated and caring people who have a strong desire to enrich the lives of older adults and our team members. Our workplace emphasizes serving others, team work, our dedication to hospitality and customer service, vigorous innovation and integrity in everything we do.
To learn more about Vashon Community Care and see where you could be working, visit our website here!
Responsible for planning, scheduling and coordinating meaningful activities appropriate to the needs and interests of residents and conducive to their physical, mental and social well-being. Help to ensure the activity programs are appropriately presented by staff.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Scheduling and coordinating all resident activities on a monthly basis.
2. Prepare and distribut weekly program contents.
3. Oversee gathering of information, articles, and photos for newsletter.
4. Plan and coordinate special events including events for seasonal holidays.
5. Planning and conducting the arts program, entertainment for special events, monthly birthday parties, group games, weekly religious services and individual independent projects that reflect the "Life Enrichment" activities.
6. Maintain an adequate supply of books, puzzles, magazines and games.
7. Train all staff on activity-related programs.
8. Transporting residents to appointments, as well as regular and special recreational outings.
Education Required (Preferred):
• High school diploma or equivalent in education, training and experience
Years/Months of Experience:
• One year activities/life enrichment experience working with seniors
• The ability to speak, read and comprehend the English language
• Knowledge of special needs of residents (physical, mental and social)
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite products
• Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat and/or Adobe Reader
Special Requirements (if applicable):
• Must have strong interpersonal skills working with seniors; ability to read, write and speak the English language.
• Must possess patience and sensitivity to others needs
• Ability to work with community groups
• Willingness to work beyond normal working hours
• May be subject to infectious diseases, substances and contaminated articles
• Doctors statement verifying free from communicable disease
• Must possess current and valid driver’s license consistent with the requirements determined by size of vehicle and laws of the state in which the driver is licensed.
For team members that commute from off-island, Vashon Community Care supplies vouchers for ferry passages.
Vashon Community Care is a drug and alcohol-free employer. Criminal background and drug test will be required upon contingent offer of employment.
Come join us and help us fulfill our vision to Transform the Perception of Age.