The Director of Resident Services promotes a healthy, enriching environment through management of resident services that include but are not limited to resident relations, management of the aging continuum with dignity. Individual oversees the provision of excellent resident services, resident relations, barber, beauty, massages services, and in-house TV services. Provides a comfortable link between family and residents in areas of physical, psychological, spiritual, and gerontological issues.
- Organizes and facilitates resident leadership of the activities program for the independent residents.
- Assesses resident activity needs and wants. Contacts residents to participate in the activities and determine their needs and wants.
- Collaborates with Activity Coordinators for AL and HC regarding department activities.
- Develops and maintains contact with outside resources necessary for program.
- Publishes calendars of activity.
- Meets regularly with Resident associations committees. Monitors and facilitates transitions for current residents to appropriate living venues as necessary.
- Oversees the resident Wellness Program in IL.
- Applies knowledge of our unique business model to make recommendations and decisions, problem solve and strategically partner with the Cabinet, line staff and TransformingAge corporate offices.
- Performs outreach effort to maintain relationships with hospital and rehab center discharge planners/case managers.
- Participates, supports and assists in marketing functions.
- Facilitates resident satisfaction surveys.
- Coordinate scheduling, and support of the Resident Advisory Council.
- Develops budgets for assigned areas on an annual basis and manages departmental expenses and revenue accordingly. Monitors department budget throughout the year to ensure any variances are identified, rectified and justified as necessary.
- Develops an activity plan and budget for the year.
- Maintains complete and accurate files and records for the department. Processes reports, invoices, and paperwork.
- Serves as Cabinet Member. Assumes the role of Manager on Duty (MOD) when assigned.
- Participates in special projects required by community or corporate office.
- Coordinates the day to day functions of Beautician, Barber, and Massage Therapy personnel.
- Promote the Mission, Vision, and Values of Presbyterian Retirement Communities Northwest in all areas of responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned or may be necessary in an organization having overlapping roles and responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work with staff and external constituents.
Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
- 4-year college degree in Sociology, Psychology, Healthcare Administration, Gerontology and/or Business or a related field.
- Experience in a similar management role in an area that has a strong emphasis on gerontology (i.e.: social worker, nurse, healthcare administrator, psychologist) is desired.
- Strong managerial and leadership skills including the ability to think and act strategically.
- Knowledge of Federal and State laws regarding elder care and assisted living and subsequent compliance requirements.
- Excellent analytical and deductive reasoning skills. Excellent judgment and problem solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication and platform speaking skills.
- Broad financial acumen. Ability to develop, analyze and manage departmental budgets.
- Excellent communication and listening skills, enthusiastic, resourceful, organized and possesses strong personal awareness of nonverbal communication.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Knowledge, understanding and demonstrated ability to deal with gerontological issues.
- Computer skills including proficiency in MS Office.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within the community as well as corporate staff and employees at all levels.
We are a drug and alcohol-free employer. Criminal background and drug test will be required upon contingent offer of employment.
Come join us and help us fulfill our vision to Transform the Perception of Age!