The purpose of this position is to provide direct daily care to residents according to standard procedures, care plans, and established State and Federal regulations. The position assists in the safety, comfort and well being of residents.
Here are some of the CNA responsibilities:
- Read, understand, and follow the resident’s individually designed ADL directives
- Make accurate chart notes daily on residents’ conditions, and chart on flow sheets and report any changes to supervisor
- Assist residents with toileting, oral hygiene, bathing, grooming, nail clipping, and dressing
- Assist in serving meals, leading and attending activities
- Remain current with all changes regarding residents and department operations; check schedules and activities to assist residents as necessary
- Assist in the admission and discharge of residents
- Record vital signs and conditions on a scheduled basis or as needed
- Provide verbal and physical assists to residents in transfers/ambulation
- Answer lights and other calls for assistance promptly and report any possible safety hazards
- Maintain neat and clean work areas
- Keep resident rooms in order; provides comfortable, clean, safe environment at all times; dress residents as conditions require
- Ensure assigned residents are provided an opportunity to participate in social, physical, creative, and spiritual activities of their choice
- High school diploma or equivalent plus additional specialized training
- Must have a current Certified Nursing Assistant license in good standing
- Must have current CPR/First Aid certification
- Understand follow written and verbal instructions and work within standard policy and procedures
- Must be able to read and write sufficiently in order to complete responsibilities of the position
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English with residents and staff
We are a drug and alcohol-free employer. Criminal background and drug test will be required upon contingent offer of employment.
Come join us and help us fulfill our vision to Transform the Perception of Age!