We are in a major growth period for both Transforming Age and the senior living industry and are seeking an outgoing, fun and innovative full-time Senior Accountant to join our team!
This position comes with an exciting, unique array of responsibilities and opportunities that will keep you on your toes, allowing you to grow, learn and thrive in every aspect of accounting as you grow within your career!
So, what exactly does a rock star Senior Accountant do at Transforming Age, you ask?
Here are the essentials:
Take charge of a variety of corporate accounting functions and tasks, including general ledger accounting, preparation of journal entries, consolidations, account reconciliations, and financial statement preparation for multiple legal entities on multiple accounting systems
Possesses a solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
Act as primary contact with bond trustee in connection with monthly disbursement requests under key loan provisions
Assist with future company acquisitions and applicable financing and ensure accounting for transactions are appropriate
Prepare monthly ratio calculations, such as debt service coverage and days cash on hand, for bond compliance
Own the financial reporting and analysis for a portfolio of our senior living and lifestyle communities
Assume a senior role in our annual financial statement audit
Assist in preparation of or providing data for various tax returns as needed
Provide variance analysis on income statement accounts for corporate and operational management
Take on special projects and other ad-hoc duties as assigned
Promote the Mission, Vision and Values of Transforming Age in all areas of responsibility
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A FUN, upbeat personality, excellent attitude, and an innovative, creative spirit
- Strong accounting, financial and analytical skills
- The ability to effectively deal with multiple high priority/high visibility projects simultaneously while remaining poised and professional
- Be a take-charge person with proven ability to collaborate with others to get things done
- Be resourceful and have superior problem-solving skills when faced with new and unique challenges
- Be highly meticulous, well organized, detail oriented and accurate
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to simplify complex problems and provide thoughtful, innovative solutions
- A background in start-up organizations and/or experience building and creating processes and procedures from the ground-up
A bachelor’s degree in Accounting and 4+ years of relevant experience
Prior CPA firm, healthcare, technology or senior living industry experience is a major plus!
Transforming Age provides an impressive benefits package for our team members including comprehensive medical, dental, vision, FSA, generous paid time off, opportunities for growth and other outstanding programs.
We have fun at work. We laugh a lot! We work hard. We play hard. We care deeply about our mission, communities and each other. That's why we are also a drug and alcohol-free employer. Criminal background and drug test will be required upon a contingent offer of employment.
We're excited to hear from you! Come join us and help us fulfill our vision to Transform the Perception of Age.