We are in an exciting growth period for both Transforming Age and the senior living industry and are seeking an experienced, customer service-focused Senior Accountant to join us as we expand our mission. This position comes with a wide array of responsibilities and requires an individual who is capable of balancing duties in a very fast-paced and continually evolving work environment.
Duties and responsibilities will include the following:
Responsible for a variety of corporate accounting functions and tasks including general ledger accounting, preparation of journal entries, consolidations, account reconciliations, and financial statement preparation for multiple legal entities on multiple accounting systems
Possesses a sound understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
Oversee analysis and general ledger reconciliation of complex financial data to ensure that applicable bond covenants and GAAP requirements are being met
Primary contact with bond trustee in connection with monthly disbursement requests under key loan provision
Assist on future company acquisitions and applicable financings, and ensure accounting for transactions are appropriate
Prepare monthly ratio calculations such as debt service coverage and days cash on hand for bond compliance
Manage financial reporting and analysis for new Minnesota portfolio acquisition
Assist in monthly and quarterly financial reporting to Municipal Securities System required for bond investors (including Management Discussion and Analysis)
Assume leadership role in annual financial statement audit
Assist in the annual budget preparation and analysis
Assist in preparation of annual non-profit and for-profit tax returns
Key participant in upcoming financial system conversion
Provide variance analysis on income statement accounts for corporate and operational management
Ensure financial transactions are recorded, documented, reviewed and supported in accordance with company policies and controls
- Promote the Mission, Vision and Values of Transforming Age in all areas of responsibility
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of consolidation accounting
- Strong accounting, financial and analytical skills
- Able to effectively deal with multiple high priority/high visibility projects simultaneously while remaining calm and professional
- Ability to quickly assess unusual situations and react quickly and appropriately exercising sound judgment
- Take charge person with proven ability to collaborate with others to get things done; results oriented
- Highly meticulous, well organized, detail oriented and accurate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to simplify complex problems for senior management and communicate issues in a concise manner
- A fun, upbeat and positive personality and fantastic attitude
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and 4+ years of relevant experience
Prior CPA firm, healthcare or senior living industry a plus!
Transforming Age provides an impressive benefits package for our team members including comprehensive medical, dental, generous paid time off and other outstanding programs. Transforming Age is a drug and alcohol-free employer. Criminal background and drug test will be required upon contingent offer of employment.
Come join us and help us fulfill our vision to Transform the Perception of Age.